Home > photos, weekly-winners > Weekly Winners (Feb. 14 – 20)

Weekly Winners (Feb. 14 – 20)

February 20th, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

Snow to sunshine. Tennessee to Texas. This is my week in photos.

For more weekly winner participants, head on over to our hostess, Lotus (aka Sarcastic Mom).

Snow moved in the night of Valentines Day, making my city a winter wonderland once again.

Snow moved in the night of Valentine's Day, making my city a winter wonderland once again.

Much like the dove with the olive branch, this patch of green grass heards the coming of Spring in a few weeks. It fights through over an inch of snow to reach for the sunlight.   *Photo appeared on Nashvillest this week.*

Much like the dove with the olive branch, this patch of green grass heralds the coming of Spring in a few weeks. It fights through over an inch of snow to reach for the sunlight.

*Above photo appeared on Nashvillest this week.*

Powdery snow settles for a rest on tree leaves.

Powdery snow settles for a rest on tree leaves.

What is it about fresh snow that makes a grown woman into a giddy child? Atleast, you know, when she doesnt have anywhere to be that day.

What is it about fresh snow that makes a grown woman into a giddy child? Atleast, you know, when she doesn't have anywhere to be that day.

Im forever amazed at the beauty of the world from above. A palate painted by God of fields, trees, streams and lakes.

I'm forever amazed at the beauty of the world from above. A palette painted by God of fields, trees, streams and lakes.

Mr. Smith can fuss all he wants about Southwest, but I am loyal customer. My flight was half an hour early, which I am so happy to say is NOT unusual! The staff is always an absolute pleasure, and they are definitely the best deal in the industry!

From snow in Nashville, to sunshine and 60s in Texas, dandelions give a beautiful pop of color in a deep green field of thick grass.

Reaching for the sky, the trees look for sunshine and rain to grow... perhaps wed be good to take note of their approach to life. Take the rain with the sun and be grateful for both.

Reaching for the sky, the trees look for sunshine and rain to grow... perhaps we'd be good to take note of their approach to life. Take the rain with the sun and be grateful for both.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Twisted and knotted and rough.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Twisted and knotted and rough.

All of my photos available on my Flickr stream.

Categories: photos, weekly-winners Tags:
  1. February 20th, 2010 at 22:57 | #1

Your little touch of green amongst the snow is a welcome sight. I am so ready for spring! Lovely set.

• February 20th, 2010 at 23:18 | #2

Thank you! I am SO ready for Spring, too. We’ve had warmer temps the last few days, but I’m not going to get my hopes to too much yet. I’ll enjoy the warmth as it comes and for how long it comes!

2. February 21st, 2010 at 05:44 | #3

I like the second last shot… great perspective! =)

• February 21st, 2010 at 22:57 | #4

Thank you! I was on the fence on that one, but glad I kept it!

3. February 21st, 2010 at 06:04 | #5

I am more for warm and colorful looking pictures now ! This winter never seems to end !

• February 21st, 2010 at 22:58 | #6

NO JOKE! Its why I had to get the dandelion shot… I probably looked crazy wondering out in high heeled boots and crouching down to take the shot. But such a brilliant and sunny thing had to be documented. Winter can move on!!

4. February 21st, 2010 at 06:18 | #7

I love the grass peaking through the snow. Spring is trying to come.

• February 21st, 2010 at 22:59 | #8

Thank you! It is trying hard! I fear winter won’t let go easily, but I think we’re nearing an end of it. I hope atleast!

5. February 21st, 2010 at 06:23 | #9

You’re so cute in that snow shot with the hat!!

Great set!

• February 21st, 2010 at 22:59 | #10

Awww! Thanks so much! Too much fun to go outside and play!!

6. February 21st, 2010 at 08:12 | #11

Great collection of shots!

7. February 21st, 2010 at 10:07 | #13

Great shots. Adoring the cute one of you!

• February 21st, 2010 at 23:00 | #14

Thank you!!! Yay! I was so giddy. lol I was six again, I think. If, you know, we got snow in Texas back then.

8. February 21st, 2010 at 10:33 | #15

I love the shot looking upward through the tree. Such an interesting point of view.

9. February 21st, 2010 at 11:37 | #17

I hate flying, but LOVE pictures taken from airplanes. Go figure! Great shots!

• February 21st, 2010 at 23:02 | #18

Thank you! I am a little surprised I like to fly as much as I do, much less like window seats! I’m not afraid of heights, but I do find it better than I not think too hard about how high up I am and how theres pretty much nothing under me. When i think about it, it freaks me out! And yet I love to fly. Go figure. I confuse myself. LOL!

Thanks again!

10. February 21st, 2010 at 20:56 | #19

I love the shot of the wing. I am glad you enjoyed your snow-here in Northern Ohio I am about done with it.

• February 21st, 2010 at 23:03 | #20

Thank you!!!

I’m pretty done with snow, too, and I feel for parents who haven’t been able to send their kids to school for a full week in forever! And yet when its falling, its still magical and its still fun to play in it. So… go figure. LOL Bring on Spring, though!!

11. February 22nd, 2010 at 03:39 | #21

Oh I just love all these pictures. I wish I had dandilions in my yard…but that will not be for another few months…well, just about 3 months, but it will seem like 6!

• February 22nd, 2010 at 14:41 | #22

Thank you so much! I wish you dandelions sooner than 3 more months! This winter has truly seemed to drag on longer than normal. Ready for warmth to come and STAY for awhile!

12. February 22nd, 2010 at 06:34 | #23

these are all beautiful, but the shot of the upstretched tree (and its profound caption) really moved me. i am SO thankful that you commented on my weekly winners, because it led me here. and here is where i will now be more often! love your blog, your voice and your message.

• February 22nd, 2010 at 15:09 | #24

Wow thanks so very much!! I’m truly touched. I am so grateful for the Weekly Winners to introduce me to other bloggers out there. I will be visiting yours regularly as well! Thanks again.

13. February 28th, 2010 at 08:13 | #25

You really have an eye for beauty in unexpected places. Nice job.

1. No trackbacks yet.