Finding a little humor in tax season
Last week, I posted on Twitter several little “tax rants” that friends said made them laugh. So to mark the end of tax season, I thought I’d compile those rants along with things that you have to laugh about… lest you go a little crazy.
- Believe it or not, taking your financial documents OUT of their envelopes would save us about 2 hrs a day of BS work. At the very least, OPEN the envelopes!
- I should start putting a dollar in a jar every time someone goes, “Bet ya’ll are busy right now!”
- (Yesterday) I like to work on a deadline, but c’mon people. You’ve had 3 mo. to get your tax stuff in here. NO! We will NOT file it TODAY. Get in line behind all these people I’m making sure have extensions filed.
- Don’t ask if you got the Earned Income Tax Credit when you didn’t have any, you know, earned income.
- I’m baffled by those who file on the last day. It’s like shopping on Christmas Eve and wondering why all the Ferbies are sold out!
- Yes, we do take a lunch hour!
- At least every other day you hear, “Where’s the Crown bottle!?” and my parents don’t even drink!
- “So… are you still married?” (Yes, someone asked me this since I was here in Texas working instead of in Nashville.)
- My dad is a stickler for making sure the dependents a person claims are legitimately their dependents. You won’t believe how many people want to know how many dependents they need to get a “good” refund. What I want to know is where do they get these dependents. Do they grow on trees somewhere?
- “Can I write off my daughter’s wedding?”
- No, ma’am. We don’t give you your refund. The government does. Nice try, though!