Five on Friday: Distracted
Consider this my version of an “Out of Office” notice for this weekend…
1. There’s a huge football game this Saturday. You might have heard about it. Texas A&M vs Alabama. Or as ESPN called it, Validation vs. Vengeance. Yeah that. I could pretty much just type this reason five times and let it ride. Because. Yeah. C’mon.
2. Battle of the Bell. My high school’s biggest rivalry game is tonight on top of the Aggie game tomorrow. My high school, Yoe High School, has won 40 in 58 games against the Rockdale Tigers. We won in 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1960, 1964, 1965, 1969, 1971-75, 1978, 1979, 1981-87, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1996 – 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 (A great list of the wins for each school was done in 2011 by the Rockdale Reporter.)
3. My husband is in Colorado this weekend where there is a ton of flooding. I don’t care if he’s not in the middle of the flooding, I’m still going to be worried and distracted.
4. My brother turns 40 on Sunday. This is a big deal. 40, y’all. That means I am only seven years away from that myself. What?
5. Football. Did I mention football?