We’ve officially entered fall, my favorite time of year. I love this season more than the rest for so many reasons.
- cool temperatures.
- warm colors.
- pumpkin patches.
- corn mazes.
- Oktoberfest… both the festival and the beer!
- birthdays galore (including my own!).
- Pumpkin Spiced Latte and Carmel Apple Cider at Starbucks.
- festivals and county fairs.
- open windows during the day.
- hot chocolate at night.
- Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- Columbus Day and Veterans Day.
- turkey and dressing.
- chili, stew and cornbread.
- sweaters and scarves.
- laughter and new memories.
- the best time of the year!!!!
Welcome to Friday, August 13, 2010. Yes, folks, its Friday the 13th.
So in honor of the day, a look at the number 13.
- Taylor Swift’s lucky number. [mtv]
- The first of the teens.
- A movie that came out on March 13 of this year. [imdb]
- If written too close together, can look like the letter B.
- A public media provider based out of New York City. [THIRTEEN]
- A chapter of bankruptcy in America that lets its filers reorganize their debts. [US Courts]
- Number or original colonies making up what became the United States of America. [Wikipedia]
- Comes after 12 and before 14.
- Number of players in a rugby league team. [Wikipedia]
- Number of cards in each suit of a deck of cards. [Wikipedia]
- Is a prime number.
- A bakers dozen. [Wikipedia]
- File that refers to a trash can. [Wikipedia]
There’s thirteen references to the number thirteen.
Do you have any fun 13 facts to share??