On this 50th Anniversary of the Assassination of President John F Kennedy, I thought I’d take a moment to share 5 quotes that we might need to hear today…
- “If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.”
- “The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.”
- “I would rather be accused of breaking precedents than breaking promises.”
- “If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.”
- “Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.”
BONUS… the most famous quote of them all…
And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
(Speech prepared for delivery in Dallas the day of his assassination, November 22, 1963)