Home > photos, weekly-winners > Weekly Winners (May 9 – 15)

Weekly Winners (May 9 – 15)

Life is “sort of” getting back to normal. We’ll be feeling the effects of the flood for awhile in many, many ways. But my photoset this week shows “life in general” for me…

Visit Lotus for more Weekly Winners, and more “lives in general.”

Purple Iris

This Iris caught my eye from inside, due to how deep of a purple it was. It didn't last long, but for while it was there, it was breathtaking!

IMAG0053

Backstage discussions. *

Opry @ Ryman

A hallowed stage, the Opry returned to the Ryman Auditorium after the flood. Its one of three locations that will host the Ryman as the Opry House is repaired. *

Ryman Auditorium

Ryman Auditorium

Sully collage

Cat Tryptic: I couldn't choose just one photo. They all went together.

Magnolia

Magnolia *

Sounds Game

Hey batter, batter... Nashville Sounds vs. Portland Beavers

Sounds Game

Baseball diamond at Greer Stadium in Nashville, TN. *

Fireworks

Fireworks turn even the most mature adults into kids again.

♥ ♥ ♥

All photos taken using a Nikon Coolpix L20.
(except those with * — those taken with my cell phone, HTC Droid Incredible)

All of my photos available on my Flickr stream.

Categories: photos, weekly-winners Tags:
  1. May 16th, 2010 at 07:03 | #1

I’m so glad to hear the Opry is still going strong, and that life is trying to get back to normal.

Loved Cat Tryptic, almost looks like your cat was posing for the camera.

• May 16th, 2010 at 21:53 | #2

The Opry is going strong… it didn’t miss a single show. Three venues have opened their doors to the Opry, and it should continue strong all the way through the Opry house being rebuilt. So awesome!

My oldest cat (the one in the photo) has just grown patient with my photo taking ways. The little cat literally runs when the camera comes out. The big boy just sits like, “Fine. Take my photos. Whatever.” hehehe He cracks me up.

Thanks so much.

2. May 16th, 2010 at 07:48 | #3

Love the first shot! So pretty.

So sad to hear about the Opry, hopefully things will be looking up very soon and all will start making its way back to normal.

• May 16th, 2010 at 21:55 | #4

Thank you!!!!

Things are slowly looking up. Well, quickly in some areas, slowly in others. Its going to be months before its all back to “normal” but when it is… it’ll be better than ever!!!

Thanks again…

3. May 16th, 2010 at 10:24 | #5

Hope things get back to normal for you soon!

Love the iris. I have a shot very similar from one in my front yard. Gorgeous!

4. May 16th, 2010 at 10:59 | #7

Oh those fireworks shots are GORGEOUS!! As are the kitty ones!!

• May 16th, 2010 at 21:57 | #8

Thank you! I love fireworks. I’m one of those who turn into a kid when I see them. hehehe

5. May 16th, 2010 at 15:50 | #9

I love the cats photos and the iris

6. May 16th, 2010 at 17:51 | #11

LOVE the purple iris! And the cats OMG – such a great series!

7. May 17th, 2010 at 04:12 | #13

It’s amazing how quickly life can begin the process of getting back to normal. It’ll be some party when the Opry reopens!

8. May 17th, 2010 at 06:53 | #14

Love that Opry shot…such history in both the shots of the auditorium.

But I have to say that the cat shots are my favorite…maybe because I’ve had some characters as cats over the years and I love their expressions. When they are captured on “film” it is just priceless! :-)

9. May 17th, 2010 at 13:53 | #15

Love the Iris and the cat is so adorable.

1. No trackbacks yet.