Home > photos, weekly-winners > Weekly Winners (Sept. 26 – Oct. 2)

Weekly Winners (Sept. 26 – Oct. 2)

October 3rd, 2010 Leave a comment Go to comments

Weekly Winners is a fun little thing bloggers do to showcase some of their favorite photos from the previous week. It is brought to you, me and everyone by the lovely Lotus, aka Sarcastic Mom. Visit her site and find all the participants. See some amazing photos brought to you by bloggers around the world. Leave a little love when you do — its like food for the soul!

Weekly Winners

In my own backyard… I just didn’t have many photo opportunities this week, so I took all of these photos in my backyard. So, I apologize for the over-cat-ification of this entry. ;)

Ready to bloom

Waiting to bloom.

Bailey

Soaking up the sun rays.

Maliboo

This is one of four feral cats that have adopted us and live in our backyard. Maliboo wants to be tamed it seems, though. He stays within 3 feet of us at all times and seems to adore our indoor cat, but he is just a LITTLE too skittish still to pet. We're getting there. We'd love to catch him and bring him inside someday.

Bailey

Sweet Bailey is our inside cat, but he loves going outside to get some sun.

Sunset

Playing with brightness and contrast settings on my cell phone camera.

Sunset

Again with playing with brighteness and contrast settings. Love the shade of blue it turned the sky.

Bailey

Close-up of Bailey. He's slowly getting more patient with my camera-wielding ways.

Curiosity

Maliboo lets his curiosity get away with him and comes within inches of me. It took a lot for me to not reach down and pet him.

Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle, try two. My first attempt at a photo of my honeysuckle ended in my getting soaked. My neighbor was watering his tree just on the other side of the fence. He didn't know I was there and the water stream came over the fence and doused me! Needless to say, I double checked there was no neighbor around when I got THIS shot.

♥ ♥ ♥

Photos taken using a Rokinon DZ1000 or my Droid Incredible.
View all of my photos available on my Flickr stream.

1. October 3rd, 2010 at 16:29 | #1

LOL. Glad you were able to get a good honeysuckle shot without getting soaked!!

I agree…the blue in the one shot is amazing!! Beautiful pictures this week!

• October 3rd, 2010 at 20:42 | #2

Thanks so much!!

haha — I found it so funny what happened. I just stood there blinking, not sure if I should yell over to him or laugh. In the end, I laughed and never said a word. Wasn’t worth it… I was just glad no one was there to witness it!

2. October 3rd, 2010 at 17:52 | #3

I love honeysuckle! I know it’s a weed, but it smells so nice.

• October 3rd, 2010 at 20:43 | #4

It DOES. And it reminds me of when I was little. This is so silly, I know, but a daycare I went to had a fence along one side of the playground that was COVERED in honeysuckle. So the smell literally makes me feel like I’m 5 years old again. Its such a random and rare memory, but it sticks with me and I love it.

3. October 3rd, 2010 at 21:11 | #5

Cool! I love the first one!! your cats look so fluffy – I’d have a hard time not petting them too.

4. October 3rd, 2010 at 21:43 | #7

The cats are super sweet. Bailey’s adorable, but there’s something so classic and simple and beautiful about black tabbies… they get me every time. I can see why you’re so taken with Maliboo!

• October 7th, 2010 at 13:18 | #8

Yes! Not only is he beautiful, he has this wonderful personality about him that draws us to him. He’s a total ham and makes us laugh all the time. Gotta love it when an animal gives such simple delight!

5. October 4th, 2010 at 04:08 | #9

I like the one of the cat in the plants lying down. The first shot is super cool though, it looks like the buds are made of gold.

• October 7th, 2010 at 13:19 | #10

Thank you! They do! The sunlight seems to sparkle off of them.

6. October 4th, 2010 at 13:53 | #11

Those are great shots. Love your kitties. Thank you so much for sharing.

7. October 4th, 2010 at 17:22 | #13

pretty cats! love the light in the 2nd shot.

8. October 6th, 2010 at 22:15 | #15

These pictures are great!! I love the one of the honey suckle. That looked amazing. That is such a great flower in the spring. I love the smell of them in the air everywhere you go. They also taste amazing :) I actually make flower pens. You might like them. You should check out my website.

9. October 8th, 2010 at 04:47 | #16

These are such gorgeous shots!! I love that first one, and, of course, all of the kitties. Good stuff.

1. No trackbacks yet.