My jaw hurt all day yesterday. I eventually realized it was tension and stress related, because the pain faded the closer I got to Texas and much-needed weekend AWAY from Nashville…
1. #SavePrintersAlley — This endeavor has taken on a life all its own. I’m amazed by the support its gotten from people around the world, and the people who are behind us as we fight to save our home-away-from-home. I’ve not been as active in this as I would really and truly like to be, simply because I have SO MUCH already on my plate. But this has taken a high, high precedence over almost everything else because it means so very much to me. I even went on TV for an interview with the local FOX affiliate! I’d never been on TV before! But I couldn’t imagine a better cause to speak out about, and I’m really proud of myself for doing it.
2. #CASAgolf The 8th Annual ACC vs SEC Alumni Golf Tournament benefiting CASA Nashville will be held at Gaylord Springs Golf Links on Friday, August 8, 2014. I don’t know a damn thing about golf, but I know this tournament has become VERY near and dear to my heart since last year. I love everyone I work with on this tournament. I love the cause. Now I just want to see it be super successful and have lots of Aggies attend. I’m not too concerned about the first, but not sure the last will happen. But I keep trying and hoping maybe we’ll have a good showing. I guess I’ll find out on August 8th.
How can YOU help? Come sign up to play! Or perhaps you have a business willing to sponsor the event. Or at least come for dinner! All the details are available on the event website at http://accsecnashville.com/
3. Aggie Family Picnic. We’re holding our first ever Aggie Family Picnic in a few weeks. I’m super excited about this, but due to all I have on my plate I’ve had to step back and be somewhat hands-off on the planning. Well, at least in theory I’ve been. But I’m too wrapped up in the club and it means too much to me to be completely, “Hey I’m just going to show up. Y’all figure it out.” I’m super excited about it, but also super stressed about it going well.
4. Finances. I’m working on getting all our ducks in a row to get a pre-approved for a mortgage to finally buy our own house. It’s been a long time coming and I finally feel confident and comfortable with making this happen. But since so much of my income is cash-basis its a stressful and daunting task and could take awhile. But I am up for it now that I know what they need from me.
5. Tour season. My husband is SUPER busy touring right now, which makes me more determined to stay extra active with Road Widows. We’ve slowed down a bit — we’re ALL busy — but its so very, very important to me to see this blog and community thrive no matter how crazy our individual lives get. Because we all need each other!
Honorable mention: I finally got below 160 lbs this week! I’ve only been shooting for that since June. Now on to the new goal of 150 lbs. I can do it much better and with more knowledge thanks to my Fitbit! I had no idea I was so sedentary… now I focus on moving around more and its really starting to make a difference!