Five on Friday: Notes from the week
1. Had another great Road Widows meet up on Monday night. Back down to the first three ladies, but that’s okay! It was low-key but still an amazing couple hours of therapy as we go into the winter months when things slow down a little bit. (Or at least it usually does…)
2. I cracked a temporary crown. Okay, it broke. In half. And its right up front. My right canine tooth to be specific. Thankfully I already have an appointment to get the permanent crown next week. Unfortunately its NEXT WEEK, which means my temporary fix on the temporary crown has to last about six days longer than the temporary dental cement says it should last. Can we say babying it and obsessively checking to make sure the fix is holding? Because that’s pretty much my life right now. And its left me in a certain level of depression, because I just can’t be myself right now. It’s difficult to talk right (you don’t realize how often your tongue hits the back of your front teeth until you can’t do that!) and eating has become very creative. I’m just kinda withdrawn right now due to it, and I apologize to everyone I deal with that notices. I’ll be back to normal in about a week!
3. I got to do a photoshoot of a beautiful family on Sunday. I finished editing them last night, and I am so in love with this family and these photos. I’ve also been seeing more and more of my photos popping up on the Facebook pages of people I’ve done photoshoots for and it just makes me so excited and giddy and happy and excited and… I said that twice to make the point. SO excited about where my photography is going! MUST get my professional website up PRONTO. Oh, and this was where we did the photos on Sunday…
4. I’m fighting this push to rush Christmas. I don’t want to lose sight of Thanksgiving! But I did get a smile when I got my first Red Cup at Starbucks yesterday, and I might have been looking at Pinterest for decorating ideas to do something different this year.
5. I’ve been enjoying this phase on Facebook of people getting a number and having to share that number of facts about themselves. I’m not commenting or liking lest I get a number and HAVE to play. But I’m enjoying learning more about my friends a LOT.