Yesterday, I finally did it. I photographed a wedding. Officially. As in, got paid to do it.
I was terrified.
But I did it.
Oh, I’ve taken pictures at many weddings. I’ve even been complimented that they bride and groom liked my shots better than their photographers. But, it wasn’t all on me. It was for fun, and pressure-free. It was also something I knew I wanted to do… for a living.
When I was asked to photograph friends’ wedding, I didn’t hesitate to say yes. But as the weeks and days approached, I felt my stress and fear grow. Could I really do this? Really?
Yup. I could. And I did.
I now have a ton of photos to go through and edit, and I absolutely can’t wait. I did it. I faced my fear, and I did it. And I think the photos turned out good! I stand behind my work. And my husband’s…
He’s becoming a good photographer as well. In fact some his shots I like better than my own!! (I’m not going to be learning piano any time soon, but I’ll happily move gear in exchange any day!) SOOOOOOOOOO thankful he’s willing to jump in and help… my parents are in town and also offered to help, something I am also incredibly thankful for as well.
My dreams of doing photography as part of my lifelong career took a huge step forward yesterday. Because I did it… even though it terrified me.
1. I haven’t written much this week, because… well… I just haven’t really had time. Between work, sleep and enjoying having my parents visiting, blogging has taken a backseat for a few days. Back in full-force next week,
I promise I’m sure probably.
2. Yesterday, I had breakfast for supper. And it was all kinds of amazing.
I ate about 90% of all that food. And I don’t feel the least bit guilty. So there.
3. When did I become a Gap girl? I’m seriously in love with their jeans. I just picked up two pair yesterday at 50% off. They’re long enough (!!!!), so freakin’ soft, and fit like they were made just for me. I am beyond giddy about my new purchase, and I’ll totally be rockin’ them today. And tomorrow. And the next day… and…
4. Yesterday, while downtown, I was sitting at a red light. (The corner of Church & 2nd in Nashville for those following along with their map.) My light turned green, and I took my foot off the break. In that instant, a kid that I’d guess to be in high school darted out in front of me to cross the street. Against the light. It had said “Don’t walk” for awhile, and he ran out just as I got the ride-of-way to go. Two of his friends, blindly ran out with him. One, as he got right in front of my truck (that I decided to just let continue to roll slowly… I was going uphill so it wasn’t fast) he realized how badly they’d all screwed up. Total light bulb moment. He waved an apology, and I just shook my head back at him. His buddy was lucky I saw him in my peripheral vision and didn’t gun it off the line. It could have been bad. YES! Yes, all you high school kids. That “Don’t Walk” sign exists for a reason. PAY ATTENTION!! You are NOT invincible.
5. I saw this in a friend’s bathroom yesterday. I had to take a photo of it… and I thought it was a perfect way to close this post…