So this week has just been… kinda stressful. But what else is new? ha!
1. My computer decided to threaten to go belly-up today:
Five hours. FIVE HOURS it took to do this CHKDSK. But it came back to life and its actually working better than it has in weeks. But just to be safe, I’m doing a major back-up tonight in case this is the calm before the major storm. #ihatetechnology
2. Money. But when isn’t it a stress for everyone? HA!
3. Fan Fair. I always stress about it as it approaches… then in the thick of it love it… then afterwards and so tired I’m almost dead. Ahhh… its June tomorrow.
4. Weather. My heart aches for Oklahoma who just can’t catch a break. I have been glued to Weather Channel all night, and weather just makes you feel so powerless.
5. Traffic. And parking. Always.
Tonight, my husband and I grabbed dinner at our favorite Irish Pub. Our waiter/bartender told us they were trying a new Irish Stout and wondered if we’d like to try it. Sure! We’re adventurous!
My husband is the dark-beer drinker, but I occasionally love a stout for something different.
It poured a rich, dark chocolate color — you couldn’t see through it. There wasn’t the strong hop smell I am used to with beer, so I wasn’t exactly prepared for what I’d taste.
What hit me was a smooth coffee flavor, ending with a slight chocolate finish. I really liked it! My husband said it matched perfectly with his bangers and mash, but to me it would be a great dessert beer. Either way, we were definitely fans!
Next time you order a Killian’s, see if they have the Irish Stout. I think you’ll be surprised by how good it is.