1000 blog posts. WOW.
I’ve been writing this blog, off and on, since 2007. I always aim to be far more diligent about posting, but life just gets in the way. Right now, even sleep has gotten sacrificed in a fit of just trying to get it all done! However, I’m thankful for this blog and for my readers. Here’s to over 1000 more posts… in less than 7 years time.
A few of my favorite posts through the years:
The winds of change are blowing, and they have been for awhile.
As Fall is ushered in with cooler temperatures and all-things pumpkin, Summer slips away with tan lines and many memories made.
This summer has begun the process of changes. We are moving — buying a house! Printers Alley is ceasing to exist in the name of progress. Many, many friends have lost loved ones. Jobs have changed for some. Babies were born. Couples got married. Others got divorced.
In all my years, this definitely goes down as one of the most tumultuous summers. Instead of the changes of Fall that I usually anticipate, I instead look to this new season in hopes it might bring some consistency. I hope we are able to deal with the changes we already face, instead of having to brace for more.
So, so long, Summer… You’ve been memorable.
I had someone ask me the other day what I had to be stressed about, and I replied, “Everything.” But let’s be a little more specific:
1. Drama. If there is one thing i don’t handle well, it’s drama. I can’t even handle tense and dramatic moments in movies very well! My husband finds it hilarious how I will actually stop watching a movie or change the channel when it because just too dramatic. I. Hate. Conflict. Oh I know a certain amount of conflict and drama is necessary, because life would just be boring otherwise. But in general, I hate it. And it needs to stay far away from me.
2. We are buying a house. Seriously. This takes the medal as most stressful event in my life to date. And while the toughest parts are over, it’s all out of my hands right now. Will we make our closing date? When can I go buy a new mattress and couches? What am i going to do with the old ones? I’m tripping over boxes already, and there is so much left to pack. Oh my gawd this is too much to juggle at once!
3. Work. So my photography is picking up nicely. But see #2? Yeah that’s making it difficult to juggle photo shoots and pretty much everything else, because I feel like I’m always on call for the house. I’m also working extra nights bartending these days, so I’m in total vampire mode, but that does not work well with mortgage people. So sleep has been sacrificed…
4. Allergies. …and it is that time of year. Allergies have struck, and I’m miserable. I’m pretty sure that whole lack of sleep thing isn’t helping with that. So I’ve been sleeping. A lot. Which doesn’t work with packing a house to move! And I am trying so hard to make sure it doesn’t turn into a sinus infection. I fear I’m going to lose this battle, but I’m trying.
5. Stress of others around me. There’s been a lot of very negative events for people around me. Deaths. Job losses. Sickness. I feel everyone else’s sadness and stress, and my heart aches for them. Especially when, really, almost all of my stressors are actually positive. And I am thankful. And I am excited. I love being busy. I can’t wait to get into my new house. But I can’t help fear seeming ungrateful, and in the same breath seem like I’m “showing off” because of things are good for us right now. But, I have to just plug forward and keep my head up. Stay strong and not let any of it get the best of me.